I feel like its been too long since I’ve shared what I’ve been sweating to lately. Now that Spring is finally here, I have even more motivation to get outside and head to the gym (stares blankly at Victoria’s Secret swimsuit ad as my legs fire away on the elliptical…)
Updating your gym playlist on a daily basis is a great way to refresh your ears and hopefully motivate you to sweat and get moving! I just recently updated my “Work Ittttt” playlist on my phone, so I hope you guys like these and find them helpful in your next workout.
- “Insomnia (feat. Parson James)” by Audien : This song has everything I love about dance music; killer vocals and a sick drop. Definitely the perfect song to work out to, the higher the volume, the more sweat you feel dripping down your face. Elements of pop line each verse along with handclaps, ooo’s, and powerful lyrics.
- “Till It Hurts ft. Ayden” by Yellow Claw: The vocals on this song are truly what sell it to me. “Hurts” starts out sounding like a standard pop/dance track but swiftly shifts into a sort of hip-hop/electronic song after the chorus. Ayden’s voice is so dramatically beautiful, she hits every pulsating note with such intensity, you can’t help but feel drawn to this song.
- “Where Are U Now (feat. Justin Bieber)” by Skrillex & Diplo: Yes, you guys…. it’s my guilty pleasure, just let me enjoy it. I have been listening to this song on REPEAT FOR DAYS. The best part about this song is the fact that you can spot what parts are Skrillex and what parts are Diplo. But they also did a phenomenal job at mixing both of their musical skills to create such a powerful song. Bieber sweetly sings, “See, I gave you faith, turned your doubt into hoping, can’t deny it, now I’m all alone and my joys turned to moping.” Another perfect dance/electronic song you can totally rage to when that beat drops.
- “Intoxicated” by Martin Solveig & GTA: Heavy in the electronics, Solveig proves once again that his dreamy falsetto voice can soar over a deep house beat meant for a house party in Palm Springs. This song has so many layers to it including repeated piano chords, layered vocal verses, a cowbell?, and crazy electronic beats. What’s not to love? Super groovy and super dope at the same time.
- “Run On Love” by Lucas Nord & Tove Lo: I randomly found this song while I was cruising through the iTunes dance charts. It actually was released back in 2013 and I can’t believe I have never heard it until now. I think more people are now hearing this song because of Tove Lo’s recent popularity (as they should be.) Lo’s voice keeps its beautiful alto tone as she sings, “we can run on love for a while, we can run on love till it dies.”
- “To U (feat. Aluna George)” by Skrillex & Diplo: SICKEST DROP EVER. Not to mention George’s innocent sweet voice chirping alongside tropical beats, pounding electronics, and a spaceship landing? Whatever, it couldn’t be more fabulous to listen to. I’ve always gravitated towards dance/electronic songs with singing, because I find this genre can get boring without the layout some good lyrics can add to a song.
- “Cool (feat. Roy English)” by Alesso: This is the standard Alesso we know and love. Gorgeous vocals lead us into a dance dream and Mr. English is the angel sitting on a cloud singing the most beautiful notes in the world (check out “Julianne” #coldchills). Alesso is a dance master and “Cool” is another song that proves just that.
gif from giphy.com